The 2017 World Travel Awards Europe has recognised Athénée Palace Hilton as Romania’s Leading Hotel for the second consecutive year, and also as Romania’s Business Leading Hotel, at the 24th edition of one of the travel industry’s most prestigious awards programme.
The 2017 Europe Gala Ceremony which took place in St Petersburg, Russia on 30 September saw Athénée Palace Hilton take the win for two of 17 awardson by Hilton properties and brands, as voted by travel and tourism professionals globally. For the fourth year in a row, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been named Europe’s Leading Hotel Brand in 2017, further reinforcing its position as the stylish, forward-thinking leader in hospitality and reflecting its presence in 31 countries and territories across Europe.
Recognitions as Romania’s Leading Hoteland Romania’s Business Leading Hotelhighlight the hotel’sboth leisure and business features, and its commitment to providing great guest service, memorable experiences, and top business and conference facilities.
Aykut Korkmaz, general manager, Athénée Palace Hilton,said, “It has been such a great honour to have been recognised by the World Travel Awards 2017, especially for the second consecutive year. These two awards exemplify everything our hotel has worked towards and deliver our message of going above and beyond for our guests. Thank you to all of our amazing Team Members at Athénée Palace Hilton who are the heart of our hospitality; without them we wouldn’t have been recognised for these great achievements.”
Hilton was recognised in the following categories at the 2017 World Travel Awards for Europe:
- Europe’s Leading Hotel Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Europe’s Leading City Hotel: Hilton Berlin
- Europe’s Leading Conference Hotel: Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
- Europe’s Leading Airport Hotel: Hilton London Heathrow Airport
- Austria’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
- Austria’s Leading Hotel: Hilton Vienna Plaza
- Czech Republic’s Leading Hotel: Hilton Prague
- Italy’s Leading Conference Hotel: Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
- Ireland’s Leading Luxury Hotel: Conrad Dublin
- Poland’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre
- Poland’s Leading Conference Hotel: Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre
- Poland’s Leading Hotel Suite: Presidential Suite @ Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre
- Romania’s Leading Hotel: Athénéé Palace Hilton Bucharest
- Romania’s Leading Business Hotel: Athénéé Palace Hilton Bucharest
- Scotland’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Glasgow
- Sweden’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Stockholm Slussen
- Turkey’s Leading Hotel: Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
The prominent World Travel Awards, established in 1993 to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence in the sector, have become a key global institution of the industry, and is recognised as the ultimate hallmark of quality worldwide.
More information on the categories and winners of the World Travel Awards 2017 can be found at https://www.worldtravelawards.com/winners/2017/europe