For the 2018 summer season (from 25 March to 27 October 2018), Air France is increasing capacity by 3.7% (4.4% on long-haul and 1.5% on short and medium-haul), a record for the company with 50 new services for the summer season.
Growth largely driven by a 4.4% increase in capacity on long-haul
On its long-haul network, Air France is offering 4 new services* on departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle:
- Nairobi (Kenya), Seattle (USA) as from 25 March and Taipei (Taiwan) as from 16 April.
- Furthermore, Air France is continuing to serve San José in Costa Rica this summer, a destination that previously was only served in winter.
For the summer season, Joon is launching its long-haul activity with 6 destinations on departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle, of which 2 are new for the Group:
- Fortaleza (Brazil) as from 3 May and Mahé (Seychelles) as from 5 May
- Moreover, Air France will entrust to Joon its service to: Cairo (Egypt) as from 25 March, Cape Town (South Africa) as from 1st of April, Tehran (Iran) as from 2 April and Mumbai (India) as from 18 June
1.5% increase in capacity on the short and medium-haul network
On its medium and short-haul network, Air France is launching flights to 5 new destinations on departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle:
- Toulon (France);
- Catania (Sicily, Italy);
- Cork (Ireland);
- Bergen (Norway);
- Wroclaw (Poland).
In addition, the launch of five new summer services (Bari, Cagliari, Ibiza, Dubrovnik and Perpignan) as well as additional frequencies on growth markets from Paris-Charles de Gaulle are contributing to this increase in capacity. The development of the short and medium-haul schedule is reflected, among others, by a 3% increase on departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
The more intense competition from the French high-speed train network is resulting in adapted services on the HOP! network, which is continuing its inter-regional development from the French provinces, with 33 new services including 16 to Corsica (an increase in capacity of 150%), as well as to Lebanon, Greece and Algeria.
Joon is continuing its growth and is expanding its offer with 4 new destinations on departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle, in continuation of the services previously operated by Air France –
- To Italy: Naples with 3 daily flights and Rome with 7 daily flights,
- To Norway: Oslo with 2 to 3 daily flights,
- To Turkey: Istanbul with 1 daily flight.