The American Chamber of Commerce in Romania (AmCham Romania) marked 25 years of presence as a leading representative of the business community on the local market, Romania’s President Klaus Iohannis and the U.S. Ambassador in Romania, Hans Klemm, attending the special event in this respect.
”On this occasion the special guests acknowledged the role and contribution that AmCham and its members had to the Romanian economy, to the dialogue between business and authorities and to the dynamic of the trade relations between Romania and the U.S.,” a press release informs.
Klaus Iohannis, Romania’s President, in his address to AmCham Romania members at the event affirmed that “AmCham is a trusted partner of the business community in Romania that has constantly contributed to the development of the Romanian-American relations. The cooperation between the Romanian and the U.S. businesses has the potential to become a real competitiveness driver for our economy.”
In turn, Hans Klemm, the U.S. Ambassador emphasized the consistent AmCham growth in terms of membership size, from 22 members in 1993 to over 430 companies in 2018, which confirms the important contribution of the AmCham community to the development of the investment climate and of the private sector in Romania. Ambassador Klemm also appreciated AmCham’s commitment to focus on the social impact that member companies have beyond their direct contribution to the economy.
AmCham Romania is pleased to announce the composition of the New AmCham Board of Directors and Auditing Committee for the 2018- 2019 mandate, following the Annual General Meeting on March 2010.
Anda Todor, Managing Partner of Dentons will be the new AmCham President, taking over from Jaak Mikkel, General Manager Coca-Cola HBC.
Eight new Board members have been elected for a two year mandate, and join the five Board members elected in 2017, therefore, the AmCham Board of Directors includes:
- Anda Todor – Managing Partner, Dentons
- Radu Florescu – CEO, Centrade| Cheil
- Daniela Nemoianu – Senior Partner, Nemoianu Consulting, Tax & Law Vice-President
- Ciprian Ladunca – CFO, Metropolitan Life
- Cristian Agalopol – DCC Head Romania & Bulgaria, Citibank
- Călin Lupşan – General Manager, Intelligence Act
- Elisabeta Moraru – Country Business Development Manager, Google Romania
- Gabriela Matei – General Manager, Microsoft Romania
- Iulian Popescu – Partner, Muşat & Asociaţii
- Mirela Iordan – Country Manager, Pfizer
- Ionuţ Sas – Tax Partner, PwC Romania
- James Daniel Stewart – Vice-President responsible for Treasury & Capital Markets, Raiffeisen Bank
- Marius Perşinaru – Country President for Romania & Moldova, Schneider Electric