Ecaterina Burlacu has joined Clifford Chance Badea, the local office of global law firm Clifford Chance, as Senior Associate in the M&A and Real Estate practice headed by partner Nadia Badea.
With more than ten years of experience in Corporate M&A, employment and data protection, Ecaterina has advised over the years large companies in dynamic industries such as retail, real estate, construction, IT, healthcare, automotive, tobacco, and insurance. She is appreciated for her experience and profound understanding of business and client values, her excellent client services, as well as pragmatic and effective approach.
Her portfolio includes major projects such as:
- Advising a top financial institution in Romania in relation to the acquisition of the Romanian subsidiary of a financial institution held in Austria;
- Advising one of the largest bearing manufacturers in relation to the structuring and implementation of a complex transaction involving the acquisition of stakes in companies in Romania and abroad, as well as of a complex assets package;
- Advising one of the largest distributors of construction materials and interior design products in Romania in relation to the restructuring of financial agreements with an important number of banks in Romania;
- Advising a top private healthcare services provider in Romania in relation to the acquisition of the most important provider of medical physiotherapy and medical recovery services in Romania;
- Advising large players in Romania in industries such as oil & gas, imports of motor vehicles, healthcare services or retail in the structuring and implementation of complex projects for GDPR-compliance.
- Advising companies in healthcare, automotive, tobacco, insurance or retail in relation to complex labour law aspects, from drafting and reviewing of internal policies and procedures, to managing of individual or collective labour conflicts, advising companies in collective negotiations, preparing and implementing internal restructuring strategies and programs.
Ecaterina graduated Law School with the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University in Iasi in 2008 and holds a Masters’ degree in Business Law. She has been a member of the Bucharest Bar since February 2009.
“As a practice, we are always involved in extremely complex projects with major impact locally and internationally. Therefore, a constant focus is team consolidation by recruiting talented lawyers with the experience and the ability to best address the needs and expectations of our clients,” Nadia Badea, Clifford Chance partner, said. “We are confident that Ecaterina will soon generate value added for the projects we advise on, and that she will easily integrate into a young and dynamic team.”