1. Please tell us about who you are and what you do.
R&R Partners is a boutique law firm specialized in commercial law, with focus on business law, immigration law and GDPR. Our clients are mainly foreign and Romanian companies, but also individuals who want to set up businesses or find legal solutions in various fields of law.
2. Share your backstory with us. How did your business or organisation come about and what was it that switched you on to this area in the first place?
Our business started in late 2016, when founders Remus and Ruxandra were still working in big legal corporations. Some of their friends were starting to solicit legal advice quite often, but they could not help because of the busy schedule and the fiscal aspects, not having their own company. So why not try to set up a legal practice building on this? Looking back, it turned out to be the best decision ever.
R&R Partners Bucharest was officially created in the spring of 2017 when we set the name of the company, got a logo, a website and later moved into our headquarters in downtown Bucharest, Unirii area.
3. What do you think or hope the future has in store for you and your business? Where do you see yourself or your organisation five years from now?
When we first started, the truth is we were quite skeptical about our growth perspective. We did not expect to make such a big impact so fast. Especially on such a conservative market, like the world of legal services. If someone would have told us back then that in less than 3 years we would be a team of 4 attorneys and coordinate so many successful projects, we would not have believed them!
That’s why now we like to think big and make actual plans. We see 2025 as a year when R&R Partners will be still growing, at a steady pace, we’ll certainly move to a bigger office and our team will be compose of around 10 people, all devoted to knowing and fulfilling the clients’ needs.
4. How has lockdown been for you and for your business and what have you done that has helped you personally and professionally?
Our business was quite interesting during this period, clients came to us with all sorts of cases. From landlords who were trying to obtain the needed rent, to companies who were re-negotiating various contracts or trying to struck deals in a time of crisis, we’ve seen it all.
Also, we took advantage of this crisis to built new relationships with professionals in our field, given that everybody had more free time to think about strategy, long-time growth and plan for the future. We also held many webinars, wrote content for our blog on www.rrpb.ro and worked remotely.
The lockdown was a great opportunity for us to start new projects, for which we never found the time before. Like our YouTube channel – you can find us at “R&R Partners Bucharest” on YouTube, we post weekly videos with a focus on commercial and immigration law. So make sure to check it out and hit the Subscribe button!
5. What’s your take on Bucharest and Romania. What are the highs and the lows in your opinion?
Bucharest is a one of a kind city. From abroad probably you do not see its sparkle. But when you are living here daily and you discover all its layers, only then can you start to truly understand it and get a sense of this great cultural melting pot.
The highs of the city must be the cuisine and restaurant mix. You will find in Bucharest a rare mix of Russian cuisine (Salata de boeuf), Turkish cuisine (Kebab), Italian cuisine (Pasta). And lately even many Indian and Japanese restaurants.
The low of the city must be the traffic and bad infrastructure, the roads could use some remodelling for sure.
6. What is your must do/must visit/favorite thing to do or show off to visitors here in Bucharest and Romania at large?
Our recommendation is to go to a concert at the Romanian Athenaeum, have an ice-cream in the old centre (Cremeria Emilia), have a stroll on Victoriei street and pay a visit to George Enescu museum. You can also enjoy the nature in Cismigiu or Herastrau park, take a seat near the lake and feed the ducks or pigeons!
7. What is your number 1 recommendation now for a book/film/series/app/ or gadget?
We enjoy the Netflix series, a notable show is Mind Hunder. As for gadgets, if you want to live in Bucharest, you need to try the e-scooters, they are the best way of getting around town.
8. If you could eat in any restaurant in all of Romania and have dinner with anyone in the world (not a husband/wife/relative) which restaurant would that be and with which person?
We remember a very nice experience at Benihana with one of our clients. I would choose the restaurant again without a doubt and probably the dinner would be with Simona Halep.
9. Sum up your business in one sentence, what it is and why should people engage with it.
Our business focuses on the customer in order to give the most efficient and tailored services, based on their particular needs. Our clients come to us for transparency, clarity and thorough preparation.
10. Describe your Romania in one word.