1. Please tell us about who you are and what you do.
My name is Dean Edgar and I run a business assisting foreigners moving to Romania.
2. Share your backstory with us. How did your business or organisation come about and what was it that switched you on to this area in the first place?
After getting divorced and losing my business, both in the UK, over the course of 2005, I was offered the chance to help an old friend who had moved here in 2001 to set up an investment business here in Bucharest, whilst doing this I found that many of the investors wanted additional services, such as residence and work permits, and company creation, so I shifted my focus to that.
3. What do you think or hope the future has in store for you and your business? Where do you see yourself or your organisation five years from now?
My business is essentially a ‘life style’ one, it ticks over nicely. As for the future, I will stay here and look at investing in a couple of start up businesses so that I will be able to supplement my pension 🙂
4. How has lockdown been for you and for your business and what have you done that has helped you personally and professionally?
The lockdown had little impact on me, I am advising a butcher’s business in Constanta and was able to travel to support that business. My existing business ticked along nicely as a lot could be done online.
5. What’s your take on Bucharest and Romania. What are the highs and the lows in your opinion?
Bucharest is a buzzing metropolis, full of bars and restaurants, I love it. Downside is that a lot of Romanians still bite the hand that feeds them.
6. What is your must do/must visit/favorite thing to do or show off to visitors here in Bucharest and Romania at large?
Not much to see in Bucharest other than the bars and restaurants, but outside of the capital are many raw and beautiful places to visit, the Danube Delta, Mamarnures, the Danube itself.
7. What is your number 1 recommendation now for a book/film/series/app/ or gadget?
Cardinal (TV Series on BBC)
8. If you could eat in any restaurant in all of Romania and have dinner with anyone in the world (not a husband/wife/relative) which restaurant would that be and with which person?
Sfeir Lebanese restaurant with my mates, real people.
9. Sum up your business in one sentence, what it is and why should people engage with it.
Having lived here for 14 years, I have built up a lot of knowledge and connections, I can therefore assist all my clients with exactly what they need
10. Describe Romania in one word.